As a part of ongoing market surveillance, the following highlights some of the changes made for the 2015 Q3 update to mba’s redbook publication and redbookOnline valuation tool.
Jet Transport PLUS
- While low fuel prices have lengthened the useful life of some four engine aircraft, values for the asset class remain soft due to an excess of supply on the market.
- Despite an increase in FTKs reported in October, large widebody freighter aircraft continue to feel downward pressure on values as favor shifts toward belly freight and smaller widebody aircraft.
- Market values for recent build Airbus A320ceos and Boeing 737NGs remain above Base as demand for the types strengthens alongside domestic passenger traffic growth.
- Revival of the Turboprop: DHC-8-100/-200/-300 values continue to outperform market expectations, with values strengthening due to demand for bush and utility turboprops.
- Embraer’s E-175 experiences market favorability with recent fuel burn efficiency improvements, including winglet installation. Values for the type remain above competitor Bombardier’s CRJ-900.