China Eastern Signs Services Agreement with Pratt & Whitney
@ChinaEasternNA @prattandwhitney China Eastern currently flies over 100 aircraft which are powered by V2500 engines.
Ups and Downs in the 2019 Air Cargo Market – Part I
In this edition of Morten Beyer & Agnew’s Insight Series, Anna Kopinski, mba’s Senior Associate of Asset Valuations, analyzes how the cargo market has fared in 2019, what aircraft are being used the most—and least—and how different metrics reveal divergent views on the state of the market. Later in this continuing series, she will assess the external factors which may influence the air cargo industry, such as US-China trade tensions.
China Eastern Airlines Publishes 2018 Financial Report
@ChinaEasternNA China Eastern Airlines released its financial performance report for 2018, reporting lower net profits than in 2017.
Chinese Aviation Market Predicting a Super Carrier
The aviation market in China has been drastically growing and expanding over the past few years, opening up new opportunities for aircraft operators. A few changes among the management teams of Chinese carriers have served as signals to the market that a massive change may be ahead. The aviation industry in the region may take […]
Juneyao Airlines Sells 7% Stake to China Eastern Air Holding
China Eastern Airlines’ parent company has acquired a 7% stake of Juneyao Airlines. The transaction was completed on the 8th of January, 2019. China Eastern Air Holding, the parent company of China Eastern Airlines, will further invest another CNY3.15 billion for the purchase of shared issued by the company via an individual private placement. Ultimately, […]
China Eastern Airlines Brings the A350-900 Aboard
China Eastern Airlines has expanded its fleet by adding a brand new addition – the Airbus A350-900. The delivery marks the first Airbus A350-900 to join the fleet of China Eastern Airlines and proves the commitment of the carrier to modernize its fleet and provide technologically advanced products to passengers. After the delivery, the carrier’s […]
Joint Venture for Air France-KLM and China Eastern Extended
Air France-KLM and China Eastern have extended their joint venture by signing a formal agreement. The ceremony hosted Liu Shaoyong, Chairman of China Eastern Airlines, Tang Bing, EVP of China Eastern Airlines, Anne-Marie Couderc Chairman of Air France-KLM and Air France, Benjamin Smith, CEO of Air France-KLM and Air France, and Pieter Elbers, KLM President […]
China Eastern to Invest in Juneyao Air
China Eastern Airlines has announced it will be making a significant investment in Juneyao Air by purchasing an eight percent stake in a deal worth $450 million. The decision has been made after a previous sale of a five percent stake of China Eastern Airlines to Juneyao Air. Juneyao has prepared a strategy of raising 3.154 […]
First A350XWB Test Flight for China Eastern Airlines
China Eastern Airlines’ first A350-900 aircraft has completed its first flight in Toulouse, France and is now expecting to complete the final stages of its production cycle. The A350-900 is to be delivered to the airline by the end of November after a number of safety checks are completed. There are currently 20 airplanes of […]
HNA Group Planning to Sell Lucky Air Stake
HNA Group has announced its intentions of finding an investor for its existing stake in Lucky Air. Currently, negotiations have begun with China Eastern Airlines. HNA Group’s 60% stake in the carrier has been offered to China Eastern Airlines. The remaining 40% of Lucky Air will be offered to Yunnan Sasac, a state-owned asset regulator. […]